November (Crystal)







Pumpkin Pie

1 can pumpkin
¾ can evaporated milk
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp. cloves
2 large eggs
1 unbaked piecrust

Preheat oven to 425°F

1. Mix spices, salt, and sugar in a small bowl.

2. Beat eggs and add canned pumpkin and spice mixture.

3. Stir in evaporated milk.

4. Pour into pie shell.

5. Bake for 15 minutes at 425°F. Reduce heat to 350 and bake 40-50 minutes.

6. Serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Gastrography
Although I am including this recipe in the “proper” month of Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie is such a favorite of mine that I often cook it throughout the year!

A few years ago, I brought an extra pumpkin pie to Thanksgiving at my grandma’s house. Although Grandma always cooked the pies herself, I was concerned that we would run short on pies like we had the year before, since so many people were coming to dinner. For me, it’s just not Thanksgiving without gorging on pumpkin pies! When it came time for dessert, my pie was sliced and served, and people began complimenting Grandma on her wonderful dessert. Soon, though, she realized that they were actually enjoying the one that I had brought; her pies hadn’t been touched!

I couldn’t have been more flattered when, the next Thanksgiving, my grandma called me a couple of days in advance to ask me to take over pumpkin pie making duties for the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment